Friday 15 February 2008

A new day

I have decided to write this online diary of my thoughts as I find myself, at the age of 30, becomming increasingly interested in the world. Throughout my twenties I lived life in a bubble, happy to satisfy my own needs and nothing else. As far as I was concerned the rest of world could take a running jump off a pier as it had no equivilance to my life - or so I thought.

With fatherhood thrust upon me I became aware of the fact that what happened outside of my own sphere of activity would indeed play a part in my life. The realisation that I now have a responsibility to protect my child against all dangers has become a focal point for my thoughts and allowed me to channel them in a way I simply could not do before their birth.

The dangers I speak of are varied, from a hooded gang of youths kicking your neighbour to death, to long term perils that will effect everyone of us - the rise of religious extremism and the placating attitude of the liberal elite being the first one that springs to mind.

I will attempt to make my thoughts clear in each entry and hopefully this catharsis will help me feel better.

No comments: